You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I report speed traps / traffic hazards in Apple Maps?

Lately, Apple Maps has been notifying me of speed traps and traffic hazzards (e.g. a vehicle stopped on or near the road, a hazard in the road, etc...), which is particularly handy... I'm not really worried about the speed traps thing - I maintain the unpopular opinion that if you choose to speed, then you deserve the fine (and yes, even I deliberately speed on occasion - though not very often) - but I do like the traffic hazard notifications.

My wife suggested Google Waze, which she uses... And having tried it out over the last week or so, I find it mostly works - but it's a Google product and like most of Google's products, privacy is an after-thought.

Seeing as Apple Maps is already notifying me of speed traps and traffic hazards, is there a way for me to report these things to Apple (I personally won't be reporting speed traps - but I'll gladly report traffic hazards), so that other users can see them?

I had a look around and some websites seem to think that you can do so via the "pop up" menu when navigating - but I had a play around with this on my iPhone XR (running iOS 14.4.2) and I could see no option to report speed traps / traffic hazards.

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 2:51 AM

Nevermind - apparently the ability to report traffic hazards / accidents / speed traps is coming to iOS 14.5, according to iMore... Good thing I was able to find an answer to my issue in the official Apple Community first. 🙄

6 replies

How do I report speed traps / traffic hazards in Apple Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.