You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact names not showing in message app

I have an iPhone 12 running iOS 14.4.2. I can save new contacts and they appear in the contact list, but when I text those people, only their number appears in messages. I have deleted and re-saved the contacts to no avail. It’s getting quite confusing with all these unlabeled contacts. Any solutions?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 6:39 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2021 12:49 PM in response to elsie_p

Hello elsie_p,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with contact names not showing when using the Messages app. Do you sync contacts with iCloud? Does this affect all contacts or just certain ones? If you make a small edit to one of the affected contacts and completely restart your iPhone, does it display correctly?

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Contact names not showing in message app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.