You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone alarm is not audible. It in complete silent mode in spite of all setting that I have checked is okay.

I have check all sound setting then also my phone alarm is not ringing

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 11:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 5:28 PM

Hello!

So, i had a similar issue on my iphone 12, and my Ipad Pro… both were using Face ID to unlock(this is important to say.)

Here’s what my issue was: i set an alarm for one minute later(after raising the volume for ringers and alerts to max).

I then waited for the alarm to sound(didn’t lock it)… all i got was a notification that the alarm was ringing, and it was already at the low volume…. so i thought hm, maybe it has to be locked, so i set another alarm, and locked it. Then the alarm sounded, and it was already low… so then i thought, hmm(lol), maybe it has to be facing down, so i set the alarm again, and locked it, and faced the iphone down… then the alarm sounded really loud, but promptly lowered when i picked it up… but i noticed something, it didn’t lower right away, it lowered after the “lock” icon “unlocked.” which brings me to my solution, I had to turn off Face ID’s attention aware feature under accessibility, now it’ll still unlock, but the volume will stay loud….

also according to this article: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208245 you don’t even have to be using Face ID, the camera actively looks for your face..

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2021 5:28 PM in response to mghnmcneil

Hello!

So, i had a similar issue on my iphone 12, and my Ipad Pro… both were using Face ID to unlock(this is important to say.)

Here’s what my issue was: i set an alarm for one minute later(after raising the volume for ringers and alerts to max).

I then waited for the alarm to sound(didn’t lock it)… all i got was a notification that the alarm was ringing, and it was already at the low volume…. so i thought hm, maybe it has to be locked, so i set another alarm, and locked it. Then the alarm sounded, and it was already low… so then i thought, hmm(lol), maybe it has to be facing down, so i set the alarm again, and locked it, and faced the iphone down… then the alarm sounded really loud, but promptly lowered when i picked it up… but i noticed something, it didn’t lower right away, it lowered after the “lock” icon “unlocked.” which brings me to my solution, I had to turn off Face ID’s attention aware feature under accessibility, now it’ll still unlock, but the volume will stay loud….

also according to this article: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208245 you don’t even have to be using Face ID, the camera actively looks for your face..

May 6, 2021 3:41 AM in response to tirthabrata

I’m having the same issue with my new iPhone 11! I’ve been late to work a few times because of this and it is ticking me off! I listened to the loudness of my ring in settings and it is LOUD, yet if I set the timer &/or alarm for a minute later it is extremely low. I’ve checked everything and nothing works. I’d really like a real solution, also, because this issue isn’t something we are doing or not doing. There needs to be a fix.

Apr 19, 2021 5:40 AM in response to tirthabrata

Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Under Ringers And Alerts, drag the slider left or right to set the volume. As you drag, an alert will play, so you can hear how the volume changes. Turn on Change with Buttons to use the volume buttons on your device to change the alarm volume.

How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 14, 2021 1:11 PM in response to SravanKrA

I’m having a similar problem with my iPhone XR. I have set the volume all the way up from sounds & haptics and the sound is clear and a lot louder than what I hear from the alarm which I have to bring the speaker to my ear to barely hear it. I went into the alarm clock and crated a new alarm with the same settings as the alarms I currently have. I went into select alarm sounds and selected radar. The volume was the same as when I checked it in sound & haptics. I set the time to 1 minute ahead of current time. When the alarm went off I could barely hear it. It’s not the settings in sounds & haptics but it is involving notifications since I can’t hear calls and text messages coming in but when I check the preview for the sound in message and phone settings it’s same as what I heard in sound & haptics settings

My iPhone alarm is not audible. It in complete silent mode in spite of all setting that I have checked is okay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.