You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant connect to my HP Officejet Pro 7740

I am trying to connect to my Officejet Pro 7740 All in One and although my MAC can find it in the room it will not connect to it ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 2:02 PM

Hi,

An HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One is mentioned in the article About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that drivers should not be required in order to use this printer when connected to a network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet).

To begin with, try to reset the printing system. Then try to re-add the printer using AirPrint. Make sure that the computer and printer both are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). See the following articles for details.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary, try this: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, any iOS devices, and all other connected devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two or three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on any iOS devices, and all other connected devices. Any change?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2021 2:02 PM in response to MMCLTD

Hi,

An HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One is mentioned in the article About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that drivers should not be required in order to use this printer when connected to a network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet).

To begin with, try to reset the printing system. Then try to re-add the printer using AirPrint. Make sure that the computer and printer both are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). See the following articles for details.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary, try this: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, any iOS devices, and all other connected devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two or three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on any iOS devices, and all other connected devices. Any change?

i cant connect to my HP Officejet Pro 7740

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.