You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Corrupted Photos

Recently I have notice 2 issues with my phone:

1. It corrupts all photos when I edit them in the native editing function on the phone.
  2. A few times it has happen that when wanting to watch videos done on the phone they simply don't work, ie, they don't play even though at bottom if the screen it shows the video playing.

Has anyone encountered these problems? This is quite a problem for me as I use my phone for work!

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 8:59 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2021 8:37 AM in response to morellav

Hello morellav,

It appears you are having an issue with pictures and videos on your iPhone. We have some information we hope will help.

Installing a new copy of the most recent iOS may help resolve the problem. This should not effect the data on the iPhone, but be sure to back up all the data on the device as a precaution. Here are instructions on how to do that: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Once the back up is complete, put the iPhone into recovery mode and set it up again as outlined here: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Be sure to choose “Update” when given the option."Restore" will remove all data from the device.

Have a great day.

Apr 22, 2021 5:08 AM in response to morellav

Hello morellav,

What the image is showing is that the computer is downloading the latest software. Once the software is downloaded to the computer, it will be installed onto the iPhone.

This process is actually installing a clean version of the latest iOS. This should resolve any issues with the Photos and editing software.

We would suggest you let the installation complete.

Cheers.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Corrupted Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.