You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won’t let me read the books I have downloaded on my iPad. They are still ok on my iPhone. How can I get these back.

Any hints on how to get the use of my books on the iPad.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:06 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2021 8:51 AM in response to Apphyl44

Hello Apphyl44,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities forum. We understand you're unable to read and use the Books app on your iPad, but it's working on your iPhone. Are the books missing entirely? If so, make sure you're using the same iCloud account on both devices. Then go to Settings > Books to check the Syncing section is enabled. Review and compare all of the settings from this section, and be sure your devices are backed up then updated to the latest iOS and iPadOS.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The following links go over more about how to "Access your books on all your devices":

Read books and more with Apple Books

Read books in the Books app on iPad

Have a great rest of the week!

My iPad won’t let me read the books I have downloaded on my iPad. They are still ok on my iPhone. How can I get these back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.