You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to attach a photo as an attachment vs within the email text?

How to attach a photo to an email as an attachment vs within the text?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 8:00 AM

I tried that too, but "View qs icon" only seems to change the view to the icon while I am composing the email. When the sent message arrives, the image is still embedded in the text and I have again to use "View as icon", even when I am sending all messages as plain, unformatted text.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2021 8:00 AM in response to daybree

I tried that too, but "View qs icon" only seems to change the view to the icon while I am composing the email. When the sent message arrives, the image is still embedded in the text and I have again to use "View as icon", even when I am sending all messages as plain, unformatted text.

Apr 21, 2021 7:29 AM in response to daybree

I am compressing the image and sending it as a zip file (in the Finder, ctrl-click on the image, select "Compress"). Then Mail has no chance to embed it as inline image.

It used to help to use "Edit > Attachments > Always send Windows Friendly Attachments", but that does no longer suffice to prevent the image from being sent inline.

how to attach a photo as an attachment vs within the email text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.