You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older MacMini 2010 how to upgrade OS 9 to OS 10.13

Just bought an older MacMini 2010 from DVWareHouse it only has OS X 10.9.5... I need to upgrage to same as my other two MacMini's which are 10.13.6

I tried to download update from apple but it fails to install.

All Help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 1:47 PM

9 replies

Apr 21, 2021 3:08 PM in response to iBookRevA

When I click on High Sierra below (from How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support ), it opens Safari and redirects me to the App Store and when I click on the "Open App Store" button it then opens the High Sierra download.

Safari uses these links to find the old installers in the App Store. After downloading from the App Store, the installer opens automatically.

Apr 22, 2021 10:32 AM in response to FoxFifth

I finally got it to work. I had to quit Safari (it was still open) and trashed the old download file. found the Install OS10.13 app in Applications folder,double tapped it and it began to install.... without problems, finally finished the updates late last night so All is good now. I thank everyone that made suggestions. FoxFifth for the link to the OS installer! My installer fr some time ago said it had a problem (it was old I think). Anyway all is good!

Thank you again.

Older MacMini 2010 how to upgrade OS 9 to OS 10.13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.