You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode resetting not working when forgotten

I forgot my screen time passcode, and tried to change it by pressing 'forgot passcode?' then entered my apple ID and password but it only closes the window and adds another failed passcode attempt. I've tried this a couple of times, and now when I try to change it again (by the same process) I have to try again after an hour. Can I do anything ?

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 3:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 3:20 AM

hese are the minimum requirements to reset the ScreenTime passcode:

• The device must run iOS 13.4 or later;

AND

• You must know the Apple ID & Password that were used to set up that ScreenTime Passcode.

If you meet both requirements, these are the instructions:--> If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, you need to erase that device following these instructions (even if related to the passcode to lock/unlock device's screen):--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

The bad news is that you cannot restore data from a backup, since the ScreenTime passcode would come back in.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2021 3:20 AM in response to _anonyme_

hese are the minimum requirements to reset the ScreenTime passcode:

• The device must run iOS 13.4 or later;

AND

• You must know the Apple ID & Password that were used to set up that ScreenTime Passcode.

If you meet both requirements, these are the instructions:--> If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, you need to erase that device following these instructions (even if related to the passcode to lock/unlock device's screen):--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

The bad news is that you cannot restore data from a backup, since the ScreenTime passcode would come back in.

Regards

Giulio

May 5, 2021 4:45 PM in response to Anaspk786

This same thing has happened to me. I am at 21 failed attempts following the instructions provided by Apple. My username and password is fine, otherwise I would not be able to be on here typing this. I can login to the iPad no problem and unlock the screen to access everything fine. I SIMPLY NEED TO BE ABLE TO RESET THE SCREENTIME SETTING FOUND UNDER SETTINGS - SCREENTIME. I HAVE IT SET AND 3.5 HOURS RIGHT NOW AND NEED TO CHANGE IT. THE FUNCTION ADVERTISED SIMPLY ISN'T WORKING AS PUBLISHED IN THE ARTICLE. I have an iPad mini 4 and literally just updated it to 14.5.1, so that is not the issue. does anybody know how to fix this? What Apple published isn't working.

Screen time passcode resetting not working when forgotten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.