You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signing in to iCloud

i Cant sign into my old iCloud account. I had an iCloud on my IPhone XS Max but that phone broke and I no longer have any of the trusted devices for the account and no longer have access to any of the phone numbers on the account which means I can’t get past the two-step authentication. How can I get signed into my iCloud ? I know the username and password

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 10:05 PM

See the article Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I no longer have access to any of my trusted devices?

If you can't access any of your trusted devices, you can still access your account using your password and Recovery Key, or with your password and SMS-capable phone number. You should then verify a new trusted device as soon as possible using the steps below.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify your Identity screen, select "Can't access your trusted devices?". 
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key. 
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My [device] enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2021 10:05 PM in response to Trinthorn9

See the article Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I no longer have access to any of my trusted devices?

If you can't access any of your trusted devices, you can still access your account using your password and Recovery Key, or with your password and SMS-capable phone number. You should then verify a new trusted device as soon as possible using the steps below.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify your Identity screen, select "Can't access your trusted devices?". 
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key. 
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My [device] enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers. 

Signing in to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.