You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone only working for Siri

For some reason when I call anybody they can’t hear me and when I try to use voice memos only static comes through, however when I talk to Siri it come through fine

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 10:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2021 5:02 PM in response to Josephhart

Hello Josephhart,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with the microphone on your iPhone. Great information with letting us know it's working as expected with Siri, but not so much with recording a voice memo and phone calls. Do you use a case or screen protector with your iPhone? If so, remove those to see if that helps. Also, be sure the front microphone is free from debris and dirt. The following guides have some great information to help:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Cleaning your iPhone

If the issue continues after those steps, you'll want to have your iPhone in for possible service. Check into available options here: iPhone Repair and Service

Thanks, and take care.

Microphone only working for Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.