You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps for Apple TV 4K box

How do I find out what apps are available for the Apple TV 4K box? Can someone please point me to the site where these can be found?

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 4:13 PM

If it is a small black box that would be at least a 2nd gen Apple TV. Be aware that the older models do not run apps, just preset channels sent via server, and many providers are opting to drop support for those.

Doing a quick search I saw there is a PBS video app, which does have an Apple TV version.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pbs-video/id398349296

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2021 4:13 PM in response to valpoMac37

If it is a small black box that would be at least a 2nd gen Apple TV. Be aware that the older models do not run apps, just preset channels sent via server, and many providers are opting to drop support for those.

Doing a quick search I saw there is a PBS video app, which does have an Apple TV version.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pbs-video/id398349296

Apr 23, 2021 1:57 PM in response to valpoMac37

All apps (for your country or region) can be found in the on-device App Store. There are many thousands of apps available, which would probably not be convenient to browse all at once, if that were published publicly.

To search for a specific app by name, outside of the App Store, try finding each app’s corresponding web page. Try a search engine query using e.g.: “[app or service name] on the Apple App Store”, then see if the app is available for iPhone, iPad, and/or Apple TV.

Apr 23, 2021 3:33 PM in response to vazandrew

I have a version 1 Apple TV box that we have used for a very long time and it is just what we needed. We just bought a 65" LG "Thin" TV that has some apps installed, most of which we do not use. We are committed watchers of the many high quality shows available on the PBS app. In addition, there are apps for TED talks, and numerous others, not all of which we use, the PBS app is most useful. It is not an app that is available on my new smart TV as far as I can tell. And, I have searched the Apple App store (again) for "PBS" and all that appears is "PBS Kids" - not at all what we want at our age. We have another smaller TV that we would like to keep this Apple TV box v.1 at and get a new(er) Apple TV box, especially the 4K model that affords the highest resolution and speed. But, there is no advantage for us if we cannot get at least PBS on that latest version of the Apple TV box. That, in a long explanation, is my frustration and dilemma. Can you help with advice? Thanks!!

Apps for Apple TV 4K box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.