You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE Spotify streaming data cellular

Hi,

A couple of months ago I bought an Apple Watch SE GPS + cellular thinking I could stream Spotify while running without having to carry with me my iPhone. As it turned out it’s not possible, so I returned it and waited for this to become possible, maybe with an update or new Apple Watch series.

However, as I was looking for some news about it, I found some posts from the last November stating that you actually could do that from that moment on.

I’m confused. If I tried that it simply didn’t work. Is it possible to do that now or not?

Thanks.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 11:43 AM

It is not an Apple thing, it is a Spotify thing. That is to say, it totally depends on Spotify to provide the service. Last year, Spotify did not. This year they do.

Contact Spotify for details.

1 reply

Apple Watch SE Spotify streaming data cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.