You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanned Photos to MacPro not on iPad

I scanned 15 photos to MacBook Pro (10.11.6), created an album. But that album on my iPad only shows two of the photos. The others are not on iPad (14.4.2) anywhere. iCloud turned on both. Have storage subscription to iCloud.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 2:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 2:19 PM

Hi

See the instructions here from Leonie I've copied from this thread. I'd give them a try:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8320858

Unable to Upload

The third part ("Unable to Upload 2 Items") appears if there are any photos or videos on your Mac that couldn't be uploaded to iCloud Photo Library. You might be able to fix this with steps below. Note that any edits and keywords you've applied to these photos will be lost during this process:

1. Create a new Smart Album by choosing File > New Smart Album.
  2. Name the Smart Album "Unable to Upload" and set the three pop-up menus to Photo - is - unable to upload to iCloud Photo Library.
  3. Select "Unable to Upload" in the left sidebar. If the sidebar isn't visible, choose View > Show Sidebar.
  4. Press Command-A to select all the photos in the Smart Album, and then choose File > Export > Export Unmodified Original For (#) Photos.
  5. In the dialogs that follow, choose the file name format and location for the exported photos.
  6. After the photos export, make sure the photos are all still selected in the Smart Album. Then right-click or Control-click one of them, and choose Delete (#) Photos from the contextual menu.
  7. Import the photos back into your library by choosing File > Import and finding the images in the location you chose in step 5.

After you finish these steps, the library status display will show the progress of uploading these newly imported photos to iCloud Photo Library.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2021 2:19 PM in response to mf18us

Hi

See the instructions here from Leonie I've copied from this thread. I'd give them a try:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8320858

Unable to Upload

The third part ("Unable to Upload 2 Items") appears if there are any photos or videos on your Mac that couldn't be uploaded to iCloud Photo Library. You might be able to fix this with steps below. Note that any edits and keywords you've applied to these photos will be lost during this process:

1. Create a new Smart Album by choosing File > New Smart Album.
  2. Name the Smart Album "Unable to Upload" and set the three pop-up menus to Photo - is - unable to upload to iCloud Photo Library.
  3. Select "Unable to Upload" in the left sidebar. If the sidebar isn't visible, choose View > Show Sidebar.
  4. Press Command-A to select all the photos in the Smart Album, and then choose File > Export > Export Unmodified Original For (#) Photos.
  5. In the dialogs that follow, choose the file name format and location for the exported photos.
  6. After the photos export, make sure the photos are all still selected in the Smart Album. Then right-click or Control-click one of them, and choose Delete (#) Photos from the contextual menu.
  7. Import the photos back into your library by choosing File > Import and finding the images in the location you chose in step 5.

After you finish these steps, the library status display will show the progress of uploading these newly imported photos to iCloud Photo Library.

Apr 25, 2021 11:08 AM in response to TonyCollinet

On MacBook it states 1231 photos, 26 videos, unable to upload 218 items.

Ipad has 1013 items, 26 videos. So 1231 -1013 = 218

Icloud using only 6 GB of 50. So I took a few photos with iPad today and they went to iCloud and show on the MacBook. Scanned a few into MacBook and those wend to iCloud and iPad. These 218 I can identify and they look exactly like those that uploaded, jpeg format. In fact, I took a series of 7 photos (same time) with an iPad but only 1 uploaded.

I just activated a new MacBook M1 and it reads out like the iPad 1013 items. So these 218 are a mystery resident on this old MacBook.

Scanned Photos to MacPro not on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.