You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone SE bluetooth is not working, it can’t see most devices and when it can see my iPad it won’t pair

My iPhone SE bluetooth is not working, it can’t pick up other devices other than my iPad and then will not pair

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2021 7:23 PM

You've put the receiver in pairing mode per the directions from the receiver manufacturer? No device will be seen by iPhone Bluetooth the first time UNLESS it is in pairing mode. Once connected, it will connect again and again. But it has to be paired the first time and that requires the device to be in pairing mode.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2021 7:23 PM in response to Cam21

You've put the receiver in pairing mode per the directions from the receiver manufacturer? No device will be seen by iPhone Bluetooth the first time UNLESS it is in pairing mode. Once connected, it will connect again and again. But it has to be paired the first time and that requires the device to be in pairing mode.

Apr 24, 2021 7:20 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I was trying to check if the bluetooth on my iPhone could find anything, the only device it could find was the iPad. Don’t need them to connect. My iPad can find all bluetooth devices but iPhone can’t is this usual for iPhone. I’m trying to connect to stereo receiver. Partners phone can connect mine will not

My iPhone SE bluetooth is not working, it can’t see most devices and when it can see my iPad it won’t pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.