You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn-off find my iPhone on a broken phone - 'Remove' option not available on this device via iCloud

Need to turn-off 'find my iPhone' to get a replacement phone through my Verizon insurance, Asurion.

I only see 'play sound' , ''lost mode' , and 'erase iPhone on this device.'

My other device does have 'remove from account' underneath of these options, but my iPhone that needs to be replaced, does not.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 10:22 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2021 9:23 AM in response to ashleydmiami

Hello, ashleydmiami. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. We understand your situation and how you are not seeing the option to remove this iPhone from your iCloud account. We’re happy to explain the available options. 

To start, we’d like to provide you with the following Apple Support article: 

Remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Following the section in the article titled: “Turn off Activation Lock on a device”, it would be necessary to erase the device before you can select Remove from Account. Please note that erasing a device this way will permanently remove any data that was saved to the device.

We hope this information helps you find a solution. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Enjoy! 

Turn-off find my iPhone on a broken phone - 'Remove' option not available on this device via iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.