You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync iPhone contacts to iCloud

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 7:18 AM

4 replies

May 19, 2021 11:40 AM in response to samfromannapolis

Well, the most likely reason is that you have contacts syncing to more than one email account, and when you create a contact on the phone by default it goes to the contact list for the email account that is the default rather than to iCloud contacts.

Go to Settings/Contacts/Accounts. How many accounts are listed? How many have “contacts” listed as one of the options?

Then go back to Settings/Contacts (or tap the “back” button at the top left). What is the account listed as Default Account?

May 13, 2021 10:44 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have tried everything I can find on your site and the internet regarding this issue. My contacts on my iPhone are not being updated in the iCloud or on my MacBook. They are present on my Apple Watch. I have several friends who have complained that their contact were incompletely restored when then got a new iPhone. I have even directly synced my iPhone to my MacBook and they did not sync. This is a big deal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.