You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to connect my macbook pro to my existing printer Ricoh sp111

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 10:36 AM

7 replies

May 2, 2021 6:36 AM in response to teenajitu

Hi,

If you choose a printer with both USB and network (Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet) capabilities, it will be easier to find an appropriate and working connection method. A printer that supports the driverless AirPrint technology (for a list of printers, see the article About AirPrint - Apple Support) can be used without drivers when connected to a network. An AirPrint-enabled printer is compatible with macOS (Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support). Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

Apr 26, 2021 7:18 PM in response to teenajitu

The Ricoh CUPS driver may work. Here are the instructions for getting the Ricoh SP 111 printer working using the CUPS driver under Linux. It should be possible to do the same thing under macOS, but I don't know where those configuration files are stored under macOS. macOS does support CUPS drivers.

https://askubuntu.com/a/764963

To use/configure a CUPS printer driver using the web browser interface you may need to run a Terminal command to allow this feature:

https://support.magicard.com/solution/enable-cups-web-interface-mac-osx/

cupsctl  WebInterface=yes

It may be time to retire this printer unless you want to go with the more complicated setups suggested by the others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.