You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do half of my contacts from my iphone only show up in icloud? every time I update I lose half of my contacts.

Why do half of my contacts only show up in Icloud. Everytime I update the operating system I lose half thousands of contacts.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 8:50 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2021 3:06 PM in response to dgale11

Hello dgale11,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities!

We know it's important to have all of your contacts showing on your device; we're happy to assist you.

You'll want to make sure you're signed in with your iCloud account and that the Contacts option is enabled.

This Apple Support page has the full details about using iCloud for contacts: Set up and use iCloud Contacts

If your contacts are still missing, you can see which ones are being stored in iCloud with View contacts on iCloud

If your contacts are not in iCloud, they might be stored using another account or they were deleted.

This link can help if they were deleted: If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

If you continue to have issues syncing your contacts, this Apple Support page will have some great steps to take: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

This should help keep your contacts on your device even after updating it each time!

Cheers!

Why do half of my contacts from my iphone only show up in icloud? every time I update I lose half of my contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.