You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have only global warranty so remaining 9 month I need warranty what can I do

I need clarification

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 1:07 PM

This is what Apple actually says:

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

It does not say it is international but neither do they say it is not international. What they say effectively means that if you have a device from one country and want to get it repaired in another country they may very well say no because devices can be at least region if not country-specific. For may issues they simply swap out the device and they may not have a model from another country in their stock in a given country.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2021 1:07 PM in response to KiltedTim

This is what Apple actually says:

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

It does not say it is international but neither do they say it is not international. What they say effectively means that if you have a device from one country and want to get it repaired in another country they may very well say no because devices can be at least region if not country-specific. For may issues they simply swap out the device and they may not have a model from another country in their stock in a given country.

I have only global warranty so remaining 9 month I need warranty what can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.