You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upgrade to photo?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 4:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 5:00 AM

There is no upgrade needed. The Photos.app is a part of the system and comes preinstalled on any Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or later. You just have to launch Photos while holding down the options key ⌥ and select your iPhoto Library in the Library chooser dialog.

Photos will create a new library from your iPhoto Library, where you can access the photos and videos from your iPhoto Library.

You may want to have a look at the Photos User Guide to get started (click ont the "Table of Contents" line):

Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2021 5:00 AM in response to www8

There is no upgrade needed. The Photos.app is a part of the system and comes preinstalled on any Mac with OS X 10.10.3 or later. You just have to launch Photos while holding down the options key ⌥ and select your iPhoto Library in the Library chooser dialog.

Photos will create a new library from your iPhoto Library, where you can access the photos and videos from your iPhoto Library.

You may want to have a look at the Photos User Guide to get started (click ont the "Table of Contents" line):

Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.