You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Playlists after macOS 11.3 update

I open up Apple Music after the recent update to Big Sur (11.3) and ALL of my playlists (except AM playlists) are duplicates. I delete them, then when I add a song to a playlist it duplicates again. Argh!

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 9:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 4:09 PM

Hello AlamoBrent,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand there's duplicate playlists in the Music app on your Mac, which unexpectedly reappears after it's been deleted. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and let's remove the duplicate playlists in the Music app. From there, please let us know if you continue to experience the same behavior. If needed, here's how to perform each step:

1. How to use safe mode on your Mac
  2. Find duplicate items in Music on Mac

Kind regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2021 4:09 PM in response to AlamoBrent

Hello AlamoBrent,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand there's duplicate playlists in the Music app on your Mac, which unexpectedly reappears after it's been deleted. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and let's remove the duplicate playlists in the Music app. From there, please let us know if you continue to experience the same behavior. If needed, here's how to perform each step:

1. How to use safe mode on your Mac
  2. Find duplicate items in Music on Mac

Kind regards.

Duplicate Playlists after macOS 11.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.