You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrade to Big Sur 11.3, 'Relocated Items' folder appear on the desk top - What is that?

Hi,

Can I throw that 'Relocated Items' to the trash?

Thank you

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 9:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 11:12 PM

Hi globali,

I had that after 11.3 as well. Simply drag it to the Trash, after looking through it. However, this is just an Alias location. The actual "Relocated Items" is in the Shared folder within the Users folder.

You can read more here: If you see a Relocated Items folder on your Mac after upgrading macOS - Apple Support.

Cheers,

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2021 11:12 PM in response to globali

Hi globali,

I had that after 11.3 as well. Simply drag it to the Trash, after looking through it. However, this is just an Alias location. The actual "Relocated Items" is in the Shared folder within the Users folder.

You can read more here: If you see a Relocated Items folder on your Mac after upgrading macOS - Apple Support.

Cheers,

Jack

After upgrade to Big Sur 11.3, 'Relocated Items' folder appear on the desk top - What is that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.