You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Apple TV Plus search bar?

I am trying to use my Apple TV + subscription, but cannot find particular programmes I want to watch because it only presents a small selection of programmes in "themes", and there is no search bar. I do not have an iPhone or iPad, so I'm accessing AppleTV via its web client. There was a similar message about this here in July 2020, so fairly unbelievable that such a basic function is missing nine months later.

Am I missing something. Given I'm paying for this service, surely they would not deliberately withhold basic functions to non-iPhone users?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Really? That would only be applicable if all the content was available via the main menu. But it isn't.

Plus, the app on the LG WebOS smart-tv has a search function, as does the app on Roku devices.

I wanted to watch a show, and ended up having to Google the name of the show appended with appletv. This generated a link which enabled the show to be watched. A very unsatisfactory method, indeed.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2021 12:58 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Really? That would only be applicable if all the content was available via the main menu. But it isn't.

Plus, the app on the LG WebOS smart-tv has a search function, as does the app on Roku devices.

I wanted to watch a show, and ended up having to Google the name of the show appended with appletv. This generated a link which enabled the show to be watched. A very unsatisfactory method, indeed.

Apr 29, 2021 3:20 PM in response to mattjgowen

Please find out that each row of tiles on the main page can be scrolled horizontally to reveal more tiles for shows. Most rows have more than five items. Last time I checked they were all there. If not, please name that show.

Where is Apple TV Plus search bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.