You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 CalDigit TS3 Plus docks, 3 external monitors

MBPro, 2019 with 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports. Big Sur 11.3

To support two external monitors I have been using a CalDigit TS3 Plus dock for a year with zero issues.

I want to add a third external monitor. I have found references that this can be done by using a second TS3 Plus dock connected to the other Thunderbolt bus on the opposite side of the laptop. That sounds reasonable, but it is not a plug and play scenario. I can get left and middle displays to work if I connect just the left dock, or I can get the middle and right displays to work if I connect just the right dock. (This is a bit odd since the left dock has the two monitors connected to it, but the right dock has only the right monitor.)

It seems it might be possible.

Any advice?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 7:26 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 1, 2021 8:17 AM in response to dinospamoni

Hello dinospamoni,

We understand that you're attempting to add a third monitor to your MacBook Pro setup. While we cannot speak to external hubs, you'll want to ensure that your Mac can support a three monitor configuration. Details can be found here:

Use multiple displays with your MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

2 CalDigit TS3 Plus docks, 3 external monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.