You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling iTunes

I'm trying to reinstall iTunes on my PC (Windows). The app has already been removed but when I try to run the installer to reinstall I get a message telling me that "A Newer version of iTunes is already installed on this computer" followed by "Errors occurred during installation before iTunes could be configured". I can only exit the installer.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 7:13 AM

Hey there, dmcII!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Uninstalling iTunes is best done in a particular order. Since we can't say if that order and process was followed as we'd recommend, we're going to provide a link below which has the exact steps. At this point, the best course of action would be to make sure that everything has been removed as per the instructions and then reboot your computer. From there, download a fresh copy of the iTunes installer and give it another shot:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

We hope this does the trick!

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2021 7:13 AM in response to dmcII

Hey there, dmcII!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Uninstalling iTunes is best done in a particular order. Since we can't say if that order and process was followed as we'd recommend, we're going to provide a link below which has the exact steps. At this point, the best course of action would be to make sure that everything has been removed as per the instructions and then reboot your computer. From there, download a fresh copy of the iTunes installer and give it another shot:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

We hope this does the trick!

Cheers.

Reinstalling iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.