You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Library Not Available Samsung T4300

Just bought this set specifically because it has the Apple TV app installed. Great idea! However ... although I can log in and buy and view movies and shows it that out refuses to display my Library, which is a major inconvenience.

I’ve verified that the TV has the latest software version, unplugged and reconnected it, reinstalled the app and signed out and in again. As the app is preinstalled the Samsung won’t permit it to be deleted and reinstalled so I’ve reached an impasse.

Any suggestions, known problems, fixes?

Posted on May 1, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 4:21 PM

No problem, and thanks for the clarification. Since it is also appearing on another Samsung it does seem to be a specific glitch occurring on this TV. Out of curiosity does everything else appear ok in the app on the TV, and are you able to stream the trailers for the movies available for purchase? The only thing I can think of is to log out of the account and back in. If it still persists try contacting Apple support as they may have specific steps for troubleshooting the app on 3rd party hardware.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2021 4:21 PM in response to Billy_Budis

No problem, and thanks for the clarification. Since it is also appearing on another Samsung it does seem to be a specific glitch occurring on this TV. Out of curiosity does everything else appear ok in the app on the TV, and are you able to stream the trailers for the movies available for purchase? The only thing I can think of is to log out of the account and back in. If it still persists try contacting Apple support as they may have specific steps for troubleshooting the app on 3rd party hardware.

May 1, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Billy_Budis

Are you talking about your library of purchased moves from iTunes?

Note: It will only show content that is purchased and still available to be streamed from the store. It won't show any content that is only available locally as that is not a part of the TV app, and requires the Apple TV hardware (which is accessed using a separate Computers app).

May 1, 2021 3:25 PM in response to vazandrew

Thanks for the comments vazandrew! Yes, I’m talking about my library of iTunes purchased content. But none of it is stored locally on Apple hardware - all available online and appears on the app on my phone and, interestingly, on the Apple TV app on another model of Samsung. It seems like some sort of retrieval/access problem as it’s telling me that the Library is not available rather than just empty.

Apple TV Library Not Available Samsung T4300

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.