You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"ReSend" in Apple Mail sends from wrong account

This is a small but annoying bug I can't figure out how to resolve.

I need to resend emails on occasion from my primary Mac.com address. When I go to my Sent folder and hit "ReSend," it always creates a new email from a completely different Gmail account I almost never use.

Does anyone know an easy way to fix this?

It does not happen on any other account, even a second, separate mac.com account. Just my primary mac.com account.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Much obliged,

Mick

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:08 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 2, 2021 10:21 AM in response to Mick Guinn

Mick Guinn wrote:

This is a small but annoying bug I can't figure out how to resolve.

I need to resend emails on occasion from my primary Mac.com address. When I go to my Sent folder and hit "ReSend," it always creates a new email from a completely different Gmail account I almost never use.

Does anyone know an easy way to fix this?

It does not happen on any other account, even a second, separate mac.com account. Just my primary mac.com account.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Much obliged,

Mick

hmmm... mac.com

using Apple's iCloud Mail:

learn how to resolve issues with iCloud Mail

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

May 3, 2021 9:08 PM in response to steve626

Steve, that's an interesting idea.

I tried forcing all of my email accounts to reply from that mac.com account, but no luck. Perinienially, "auto-select" has been selected, to no avail in this case. All the other accounts, reply or resend appropriately from their own account. I toggled it back and forth, Quit Mail, ran Vacuum Mail Index, and a few other Unix routines (like "Remove Corrupt Preferences"). No change.

I did notice the account that keeps grabbing the outgoing mail happens to be listed at the top of the "Send new messages from..." list. I guess that's a clue this is where the setting became corrupt, but I'm still not sure where else to look.

It's my primary iCloud and Apple ID account, so I don't want to dump prefs and even deleting and re-adding an Apple IMAP account can still take some breathless time to repopulate.

I was hoping for a quick fix? Otherwise, I may have to wait until summer break from Grad school to take on anything more time-consuming...

Let me know if you think of anything else?

🙏🏽

"ReSend" in Apple Mail sends from wrong account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.