You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access photos while attaching

Unable to see any photos in my Photo app ONLY when I attach files

Posted on May 2, 2021 5:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 6:56 AM

To attach photos to a mail, do not use the "Attach files" dialog, but use the Photos Browser in the upper right corner of the toolbar, when composing the new mail.

It may take a few minutes to open the Photos Browser the first time, while the library is prepared.

Have you been using the photo browser?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2021 6:56 AM in response to mdnmac

To attach photos to a mail, do not use the "Attach files" dialog, but use the Photos Browser in the upper right corner of the toolbar, when composing the new mail.

It may take a few minutes to open the Photos Browser the first time, while the library is prepared.

Have you been using the photo browser?

May 2, 2021 9:04 AM in response to léonie

Hi,

That's actually helpful, I am new to Apple and this is helpful but I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to make the attached photo to be actually in Attachments using this feature, but not in the body of the email?
  2. I am not sure how to delete it once I import it? If I make a mistake how to delete the imported photo?

I believe these questions will be helpful for other newbies in Apple EcoSystem as myself.

Thank you

Martin

Unable to access photos while attaching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.