You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping deleted emails

My deleted emails are removed from my computer after a very short time. How can I stop that from happening? I have looked in email preferences but can't find how to change that. I assume that is controlled through my iMac email?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 3, 2021 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 7:30 AM

See the article Change Mailbox Behaviours preferences in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The Mails should be archived Archive emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note : if Apple ID is set with gmail services the mails are automatically archived in IMAP account .

4 replies

May 4, 2021 8:26 AM in response to tygb

That his what my settings are and it still deletes my trash after 1 week. I have mine set to never delete my deleted messages.

As I said - Presently, my mail preferences are set to never delete deleted messages but there is next to nothing in my Trash folder (the last date of Trash is April 26/21). That is in my iCloud Trash folder. In my On My Mac Trash folder, there is nothing.

Keeping deleted emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.