You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable activation lock without the old iPhone and can't remember info

I sold my apple watch and forgot to remove it from my account and disable find my iphone or watch. The buyer is trying to pair the watch on her phone but obviously is unable to and I do not remember my login information for the account and I'm unsure of what to do. The phone it was paired on was an iPhone 11 and the watch was a series 5

Apple Watch

Posted on May 3, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:27 PM

Maybe this? -->

Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2021 8:27 PM in response to LizA1989

Maybe this? -->

Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by an Apple Authorized dealer and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

May 3, 2021 8:10 PM in response to Limnos

I ready read all of that and it isn't helping me at all. I upgraded my iphone 11 in March I believe. Well I still had my apple watch and I have been unable to get the info to reset the watch or unpair it. I recently sold my watch thinking that I factory reset it and it was fine but the person that bought my watch is unable to pair it to her phone. We have both tried the obvious steps to try to unpair it to my old account and so far it's not working. I need to know if there is a way to get the watch to work without my account info

How to disable activation lock without the old iPhone and can't remember info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.