You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2019 won’t turn on/black screen

Hi,

I turned my MacBook Pro off because I was going somewhere and when I returned I can’t turn on my MacBook. All I can hear is the fan going off and getting louder. I tried to turn it off and on again by pressing the touchID/power button and it still doesn’t work, the fan turned off for a while and then when I pressed the power button again it still doesn’t work. I have tried to “reset smc” and “nvram”, and they did not work (I am not sure I was doing the right thing). the screen is black and the Touch Bar is black as well.

Please help me.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:21 PM

Hi,

You'd better make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro carefully.

I think your MacBook Pro has hardware related issue.

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro 2019 won’t turn on/black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.