You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 14.5.1

I get this one trying to update to the latest iOS for 14.5

Posted on May 4, 2021 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:07 PM

I was just on the phone with Apple Support, it's a known issue that affects only users in Australia and New Zealand. They are working on a fix, but in the meantime a workaround is to temporarily set the language to e.g. English US (instead of AU/NZ) and attempt the update again. That worked for me! After the update you can safely set it back to Aussie or Kiwi language again :-)

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2021 7:07 PM in response to Yer Buddy

I was just on the phone with Apple Support, it's a known issue that affects only users in Australia and New Zealand. They are working on a fix, but in the meantime a workaround is to temporarily set the language to e.g. English US (instead of AU/NZ) and attempt the update again. That worked for me! After the update you can safely set it back to Aussie or Kiwi language again :-)

Updating to iOS 14.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.