You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t add a card to apple wallet. I’ve tried everything listed here on apple support and it still doesn’t work. When I hit the plus button in apple wallet it gives me the error message “ an error occurred while setting up Apple Wallet”.

I’ve changed my region from the US to HK. Tried to set up apple wallet in both regions. Restarted my phone, made sure my birthday was entered correctly, Hong Kong uses Apple Pay, I’ve added a debit card to my Apple ID. I don’t know what the problem is. No matter what I do or how many times I do it I can’t get it to work. Does anyone have an idea on how to get Apple Pay to let me add a card?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 5, 2021 4:19 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2021 1:02 PM in response to Rudi44

Hello Rudi44,

Thank you for posting on Apple Support Communities. If you have already tried the steps provided in the article, make sure that your banks are supported in Apple Pay. Take a look here. Apple Pay participating banks in Canada, Latin America, and the United States

If you are still having trouble adding your card you may need to reach out to your bank and/or Apple Pay Support

Take care, best of luck!

I can’t add a card to apple wallet. I’ve tried everything listed here on apple support and it still doesn’t work. When I hit the plus button in apple wallet it gives me the error message “ an error occurred while setting up Apple Wallet”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.