You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages to non-Apple phones?

Somehow I have misplaced a setting of some sort in all the recent updates to the operating system.   My problem now is that in Messages I cannot sent texts to non-Apple telephones.   I used to do this all the time.   Now Messages won’t deliver my texts to those phones.

What do I re-set in order to get Messages to send texts to non-Apple cell phones?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 8:55 AM

you change the language on the bottom of the pages

Set up iPhone to get SMS texts on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

May 6, 2021 8:53 AM in response to Rudegar

I do not know the language of the first linked page. After looking at the second page, I compared Messages between my Mac and my iPhone. The iPhone Messages continues to send text messages to a non-Apple cell phone. I then went into Messages in the Mac. I opened the application's preferences. I found a setting for "Enable Messages in iCloud." I clicked to enable that preference. Doing so made no difference. I still cannot send texts from Mac Messages but I can from iOS Messages.

Messages to non-Apple phones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.