You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forced Apple ID Password Change?

When I try to log in on the iCloud.com site and go through the two factor authentication process, I get a prompt to "choose a stronger password" My current password meets the strength criteria and I do not want to change it. Cancelling only kicks me out and now I can no longer access icloud through my browser.

How do I get access without changing my already compliant password?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 6, 2021 12:44 PM

3 replies

May 7, 2021 2:10 PM in response to Becky_in_Pensacola

Hello Becky_in_Pensacola,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are trying to log in on iCloud.com and it is prompting you choose a stronger password, is that right?

We’d be happy to help!

You can refer to Security and your Apple ID specifically “Apple also uses other password rules to make sure your password isn't easy to guess.” if you are seeing that your password meets the rest of the criteria needed.

Have a great day!

May 13, 2021 2:48 PM in response to 1ssmith

This did not solve my question.

I found the referenced sentence regarding other password rules on the linked site. I meet the criteria listed (as I did on the icloud.com prompt.) Specifically the criteria for 8 or more characters, upper and lower case text and a number. There are no other password rules that I can find on that linked site to help me understand why my existing password is unacceptable.

Forced Apple ID Password Change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.