You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The remaining anti-glare coating from the screen (Retina) (staingate)

Hi!) At the moment, I'm saving money to buy a laptop for the next semester. At the moment, I consider laptops on Windows (mainly ASUS), as well as the MacBook Air M1. MacBook for me as a long-standing dream, which I can almost realize, but after reading many forums, I become more and more afraid to give such a huge amount of money for it (while I think to buy without Apple Care+).

The main problem and stupor at the moment is the identification of a new potential problem - the remaining anti-glare coating from the screen (Retina). And I would like to ask - how do you deal with this, if you have a similar situation? What should I do so that this situation does not arise in principle? I live in Russia and to give 100,000 rubles for a MacBook in principle is quite problematic, and to fix it for 30,000 rubles is even more sad.

I plan to buy a MacBook for many years, but now, at this point, I have doubts... what should I do?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 7, 2021 3:01 AM

9 replies

May 10, 2021 3:42 AM in response to tbirdvet

For reference - can you tell us if you purchased Apple Care+ for a macbook? And what is your MacBook configuration?

Did you buy it for your studies or for professional purposes?) I'm thinking of buying a MacBook, but, as I said, I constantly doubt whether I should buy such a powerful device if I'm going to use it for studying, for a comfortable immersion in the world of movies.

May 10, 2021 1:47 PM in response to Dingfard

FWIW, AppleCare+ not only gives you an extended warranty,

but also covers accidental screen, case damages, or other

accidental damages. You still need to pay some amount,

$99USD for screen external enclosure damage and $299USD

for other damages. All of which is a far cheaper than what

you would pay if you didn't. Also, you are covered for

two cases of accidental damage every 12 months.

Of course any other hardware manufacturing defect

repair is free.

Bottom line is it is like insurance, you may not need it

but it is bad news if you don't have it and need it.

I got it as it is pretty much a no brainer for a portable device.

The remaining anti-glare coating from the screen (Retina) (staingate)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.