You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not playing songs

Yesterday morning I went to Apple Music to play a song and it wouldn’t play. Every time I go to play any song it just keeps saying on the bottom “not playing.” I’ve tried restarting my phone and updating it and nothing has worked. Any tips?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 7, 2021 8:55 AM

2 replies

May 8, 2021 11:03 AM in response to Emilylafrieda

Hey Emilylafrieda,

We see you're experiencing an issue with playing music in the Music app. We will do our best to assist. Let's make sure the issue isn't network related. Check to see if the issue just happens when connected to cellular data, Wi-Fi networks, or both.

If it happens with both, try accessing the music on a different device that is signed in with the same Apple ID. If no other device is available, let us know if this happens with music that is downloaded, streamed, or both.

Take care.

Apple Music not playing songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.