You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can only add one gmail account?

I've had a MacBook pro 13" Late 2011 and for the longest time had no issues having multiple gmail accounts being used by the native apple email icon. a couple years ago there was an update and I've never been able to add a second gmail account. I can add one, but not the other. If I remove the one that was accepted it will then allow me to add the second account but never both. Was there some kind of update not allowing this feature any longer? Just trying to get all of my email in one spot and figured after enough updates this would work but apparently not. No issues on iPad or iPhone with multiple email accounts just on the MacBook pro. Running version 10.13.6

I've tried every option you can google for.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 9, 2021 11:08 AM

3 replies

May 10, 2021 10:19 AM in response to vapiper1977

Hello vapiper1977,

It sounds as though you're having issues adding multiple email accounts on your MacBook Pro, and you've come to a great place for help. To clarify, what exactly happens when you attempt to add another email in Mail on your Mac? Are you adding the email via System Preferences > Internet Accounts? If not, try adding your email in System Preferences. Those steps can be found in the following article.

Add an email account to mail on your Mac

We look forward to your response!

May 24, 2021 7:17 AM in response to vapiper1977

We appreciate those additional details vapiper1977.

To help isolate the issue have you tested to see if this issue continues when the Mac is booted in to safe mode? If not, boot the Mac in to safe mode and try to add the email. Notate the results, and then try adding multiple emails to a different user account on your Mac. If you don't have an alternate user account created you can create a test user account using the steps in the article linked below.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Set up users, guests and groups on Mac

Let us know if you have the same issue when booted in to safe mode, and when logged in to a different user account.

Have a great day!

May 22, 2021 2:45 PM in response to vapiper1977

Im following all of the prompts and I’ve tried it every way you could possibly google or YouTube… so I click mail add account - google (have also tried “other”) - enter my account info - select the apps i want to use with the account (mail/contacts/calendars, have also tried without adding any apps)- i click done….and the process stops there. I sit like this and no option to move further. If I remove the other gmail account and add this one, no problem…but any time i try to add a second gmail it stops right here. Passwords are all correct. It used to accept three gmail accounts then after an update a year ago or so it would no longer allow more than one gmail.

I can only add one gmail account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.