You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a Dell P2721Q monitor to a 2019 27” iMac with 5K retina display.

I have tried connecting the P2721Q monitor to the iMac using a USB type C to USB type C cable and a Thunderbolt 3 cable. No success in either case. The iMac does not recognize the monitor ( I have tried forcing detection by using Detect Displays with no luck). Does anyone have a P2721Q monitor working on a 27” iMac with 5K retina display?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 9, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:14 PM

You're welcome.

Sorry I'm fresh out of ideas, other than testing a "USB-C to Display Port cable" and/or a "USB-C to HDMI adapter" Perhaps the advise from the last person at Dell is the best way to go.

6 replies

May 9, 2021 6:30 PM in response to den.thed

Thanks. I have been dealing with both Apple Care and with Dell Support. The last person at Dell support felt that the P2721Q might not be compatible with the iMac and I would have to return it.

Yet there is one thread in the Dell community which indicated that changing from USB type C to Thunderbolt 3 would resolve the issue. Unfortunately it did not.

Connecting a Dell P2721Q monitor to a 2019 27” iMac with 5K retina display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.