You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to IPhone 12 Pro, used quick start, not all photos are showing up

I upgraded to the iPhone 12 pro today (previously used iPhone 8) and used Quick Start to transfer everything from my iPhone 8 to the 12. However, there are a lot of photos on my camera roll that are not showing up. The phone only displays a gray "photo" where it knows a photo should be but it does not show the actual image. I do use iCloud backup, however, I have filled the 5 gb that are free. But don't you think that the Quick Start direct iPhone transfer should have given my new phone all my photos regardless of if they are backed up to my phone? I am pretty sure my device knows the photos are there but it's not displaying the actual image or video that is supposed to be there.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 9, 2021 7:44 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 9, 2021 8:57 PM in response to Axel Foley

I should have backed up my old iphone in hindsight, but I removed the Find My iPhone from my iphone 8 which in turn reset/erased what i had on that phone. I am unable to access what was previously on that phone unfortunately since I assumed everything had transferred properly. Most of my recent photos show up but less and less show up as i go back in my photos. But thanks for responding anyways!

Upgraded to IPhone 12 Pro, used quick start, not all photos are showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.