You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will not allow me to change preference to system photo library. I can not upload photos from the finder media/photo area

I can not download photos to outside places like drug store or facebook. My computer will not allow bee to select system photo library in preferences in photos. i can not download from finder photo media. It will not load pictures from photos

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 1:56 PM

If the button is greyed out, then you are already in your system library, and there is another reason for the photos not appearing in the browser.

A work around is to export the images to a folder first, and then send them to other locations from the folder.

6 replies

May 10, 2021 2:33 PM in response to hamburggrandma

The two most likely reasons.

1 - the photos are stored in a format not recognised by the websites - eg HEIC from an iPhone.

2 - You have optimise mac storage enables so that your original images are stored only in iCloud. Photos that are only in iCloud can't be accessed via the photos browser.

To be honest I prefer to export the images first. I have more control over size and quality that way.

will not allow me to change preference to system photo library. I can not upload photos from the finder media/photo area

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.