You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email synchronize

Have the New I-Phone 12 & the New MacBook Pro 2020 additions.

BIG PROBLEMS WITH THE EMAIL SYNCRONIZING!

Apple does not have a fix as of 05/2021

Not happy!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 10, 2021 10:32 AM

6 replies

Jun 3, 2021 5:02 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I, too, have this issue. Bdw, when I use Thunderbird in Linux, this issue is not present.

But, with Apple mail, when I delete a gmail-email, it does NOT get deleted from the (gmail) server. Some synchronisation issue with Apple Mail. By default, it should use IMAP as I have no option to choose from.

I have, of course, Googled it and tried many things including removing and re-adding the gmail account to Apple Mail. But the issue persists.

So, to sum up, deleting an email in Apple Mail app (in MacOS BigSur), didn't reflect in the gmail account, for me.

Jun 3, 2021 9:26 AM in response to Me-Aple

I have this problem. All of my accounts are IMAP, yet my IOS sees emails that my Mac OS running Catalina 10.15.7 does not see. As of this writing, three of yesterday's emails found on my Ipad IOS native mail program have not yet shown up on my Mac, which is also handling emails with its native email app.

Jun 3, 2021 11:49 AM in response to Me-Aple

I am also having this issue. I have an iMac, a MacBook, and an iPhone 12. All have been updated to the most recent software. However, when I delete messages on my phone, they remain on my computer. Also, my iPhone is VERY slow to download and view messages.

I have been using Mac Mail for years and have never had a problem. Anyone having the same issue or any suggestions to fix? Thanks!

Jun 24, 2021 11:53 AM in response to dcpinnc

I've been having the same issues since mid 2020, maybe longer. Our IT can't fix it, Apple support hasn't been able to help. I've had the same set up and nothing has changed for at least 5 years but now having major problems. No syncing, also if I move an email to a folder on my iMAC, the contents and attachments disappear. If I move it back, it's still blank. Phone & desktop no longer sync. It's a huge mess and I'm having to save off all attachments so I don't lose anything.

Email synchronize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.