You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move camera controls when iPad is turned horizontally

I believe the iPad camera knows whether your photo is vertical or horizontal without needing to change the device orientation to portrait or landscape mode. So if it’s locked to portrait mode and I turn the iPad horizontally, is there a way to get the controls to move automatically to the right side of the screen? As it is currently, the controls stay the same as if the iPad is vertical. Thanks.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 10, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 1:48 AM

There are no settings for the native camera App beyond those within the App - or from iPad Settings:

Settings > Camera

Apple do invite constructive feedback, comments and feature requests via their product feedback pages:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Similar questions

4 replies

May 10, 2021 7:03 PM in response to LotusPilot

Yeah I know how locking the orientation works on iOS. What I’m saying is that the camera UI and the way pictures are taken aren’t in sync. To me it seems like the UI should follow how the picture is being taken.

For example, the iPhone UI doesn’t actually move, but it does rotate depending on how it’s being held. The UI matches how the picture is being taken regardless of the lock.

What I’d like to know is if there is a setting or option for this on the iPad.

Move camera controls when iPad is turned horizontally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.