You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Keynote audio tracks be faded out with a build-out effect?

Is there a way to fade out audio tracks with a build-out effect in Keynote?

For my use-cases it absolutely does not work with pre-made sound tracks that have hard coded fading, as have been suggested mutliple times in this forum, such as Garageband editing etc. My audio track is playing across slides, and slides are advanced manually. So there is no way knowing where the music will be when it reaches the slide where it's supposed to fade out. Today, all I can do is stop the audio track entirely. Which sounds awful, and ruins the whole presentation experience.

Posted on May 12, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 4:19 AM

Thanks for trying to help, Gary. But it turns out Keynote actually has exactly what I was looking for. I just discovered that the Magic Move transition will do the job perfectly. It can be triggered at any time and will allow you to fade volumes between any two levels (up or down). Works like a charm.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2021 4:19 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for trying to help, Gary. But it turns out Keynote actually has exactly what I was looking for. I just discovered that the Magic Move transition will do the job perfectly. It can be triggered at any time and will allow you to fade volumes between any two levels (up or down). Works like a charm.

May 12, 2021 3:56 PM in response to Rich In Space

There is no built in sound tool in Keynote that will automatically fade out sound in the presentation.

As I understand it, you want to fade out each sound file at different times, each time you play the presentation?

If so, this has to be performed manually in Keynote, using the sound control keyboard keys; F11 to fade down, and F12 to fade up.

Can Keynote audio tracks be faded out with a build-out effect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.