You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Student discount while studying abroad

Hi all. I live in India and am looking to buy an iPad to help with my doctoral studies, which I am going to start in September this year. I was looking to get the education pricing offered here in India, but the thing is I am going to be studying in the UK. I have already been verified on Unidays. I want to ask two questions:

1. Can I get the discount if I walk into an Apple store in India?
  2. Will the discounted price be the same as in India or in the UK? (discounted price in the UK is higher than the original price in India)

Posted on May 12, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 6:06 AM

If you are in the UK, you will pay the UK price. If you are in India, you will pay the India price. Different regions have different pricing. You cannot purchase in the India online store for pickup in the UK. If you want the India price, you will have to purchase from that store with a card valid in India with an address in India and have it shipped to India.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 6:06 AM in response to hritwastaken

If you are in the UK, you will pay the UK price. If you are in India, you will pay the India price. Different regions have different pricing. You cannot purchase in the India online store for pickup in the UK. If you want the India price, you will have to purchase from that store with a card valid in India with an address in India and have it shipped to India.

May 12, 2021 1:38 PM in response to hritwastaken

There are no physical Apple Stores in India yet (they're coming!). Currently, the only physical stores are Apple Authorized Resellers who may or may not offer the same deals as Apple.

Discounted prices and offers can vary from region to region. What ever region you purchase in will be the region that is used to determine any discounts and offers.

May 15, 2021 7:37 AM in response to celliott147

Because when I visit apple's website for education pricing and log in from my unidays account I am getting all the prices in pounds (UK price). There is an option to order the product on their website and then collect it from my nearest apple store. So making the purchase online is costing me more (hope this answers your question as to how it affects pricing in India).

Since the website is not giving me any option to buy at Indian price, I am not sure whether going to the physical store will work out (I don't even know whether you can get it without making the purchase online).

Student discount while studying abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.