You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my screenshots disappearing?

All my past screenshots (for about the last 6 weeks) plus any new, even if i click it right away and choose "save to desktop" vanish after a few minutes. Even after searching "on this mac" for "screen shot" they are nowhere to be found. I am running Big Sur 11.3.1 and it has been this way through 2 updates I think.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 12, 2021 12:06 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 13, 2021 9:32 AM in response to SheliH

Hi SheliH,

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues saving screenshots to your Mac. We can help with this.

To start, do you have multiple spaces set up on your Mac? We ask because it's possible the screenshots are being saved to a different space. You can find more information about using multiple spaces here: Work in multiple spaces on Mac

If you do not have multiple spaces set up on your Mac, are you able to create and save other types of documents to your Mac or do they also disappear? We ask because it's possible the files are being saved to iCloud instead of your desktop. You can find more information about this here: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Let us know what you find out after reviewing both resources. We'd be happy to help!

Cheers!

Why are my screenshots disappearing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.