You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos - iCloud

Re my Macbook Pro OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6

I purchased 200gb iCloud storage to save my Photos library (26.51gb) but only the last third or so were saved. I can't find any way to save the earlier photos. I would be grate ful for any help or advice.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 13, 2021 4:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 10:53 AM

I that case open system prefs> Apple ID> iCloud and turn on photos

then open photos app> on the top menu bar click phots next to apple logo them click iCloud, make sure you have iCloud Photo Library on

4 replies

May 17, 2021 4:45 AM in response to HerculesKnight

Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but that was only the start of the story - I had to take further steps. Clicking on General icon next to iCloud icon, then clicking on Optimize Max Storage, then it started updating the photo library. More than 24 hours later it finished the update. Goodness knows why it didn't work up until that point and goodness knows why it took so ridiculously long! Anyway after uploading some more photos from my camera to Photos I was able to ascertain that iCloud Photos was also updated. Thanks again.

Photos - iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.