You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to increase the size of the text in the viewing window

I just started using Apple mail that came with my new MacBook Air. The text is simply too small for incoming messages and also when I am composing messages. I have increased the preferred font size, but that has not changed what I see. Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to Zoom in to increase the size of the text - when I choose Zoom, it takes me to a full screen view, but the text is still too small. I never had this issue with Outlook and do not have this issue with Pages or other applications. Very frustrating!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 13, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 7:25 AM

You should be able to set the size in Mail > Preferences > Fonts > Message Font. (What you set there will not affect what is seen by recipients of your emails, only what is seen by you).

Similar questions

1 reply

How to increase the size of the text in the viewing window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.