You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Library

This morning when I checked my phone, the App Library completely changed. Only apple default app are in categories and every single app I’ve installed has moved into the ‘other’ folder. Please help!

Posted on May 13, 2021 5:23 PM

4 replies

May 13, 2021 7:00 PM in response to MatthewJuttner

"No this isn’t the case here, I have made no such update/upgrade. This is clearly a software bug"

-------

MatthewJuttner Said:

"App Library: No this isn’t the case here, I have made no such update/upgrade. This is clearly a software bug"

-------

Backup, and Provide Feedback:

From here, create a backup of your iPhone today, and, in the mean time, report this to Apple through the use of Apple Feedback. Apple won't get back to your directly on this, but the more feedback they receive on this the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

Giving Apple Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this bug, and how you have troubleshot it thus far
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

May 13, 2021 5:37 PM in response to MatthewJuttner

MatthewJuttner Said:

"App Library: This morning when I checked my phone, the App Library completely changed. Only apple default app are in categories and every single app I’ve installed has moved into the ‘other’ folder. Please help!"

-------

Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, then restore your iPhone from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your device prior to making any major upgrade to it(which is the case here). Important: be certain to backup your iPhone, before restoring it, that way ou can have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the restoration.

App Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.